Sunday, June 3, 2012

Angry Elves, Angry Humans

It's not often that Inspiration and Opportunity knock simultaneously.  But there they were, Peter Chung's Diablo III: Wrath short film and Privateer Press' re-sculpted plastic Exemplar Cinerators, available inexpensively from the two-player battle box.  You got peanut butter in my chocolate!  You got Angiris Council in my ancient chivalric order!  It seems a match made in heaven.  Ah, Serendipity...


Obviously, we have to start with Brom's portrait, the cinematics, and of course the Big Guy in the lobby.  The armor runs quite a range in these sources, from an aged, battered brass, up through a gold, and into a polished brass.




So, here is my color prototype.  Creating the polished brass look was beyond me and the P3 paints I own, but multiple layers of blending Brass Balls, Shining Gold, Radiant Platinum, Brown Ink, and the unparalleled Devlan Mud presented a pleasing, aged patina.  (Please forgive the incomplete cape and sword.  I wanted to show the state of the armor.)
The wings, also are both impossibly beyond my crafting skill and stylistically incorrect for Protectorate of Menoth.  I settled on bringing in the blue-white flame color into the Menofixes and gems, giving the eye a little relief from all the gold, gold, silver, gold, silver, gold, spam, and more gold.
Overall, I'm quite pleased with the look.  Next steps are to bring up the chainmail, re-shade the cape and finish a few more brothers... and a warcaster... and some warjacks... Oh, what have you gotten me into, Tyrael?

No comments:

Post a Comment